Membership in Philanthropy West Virginia provides your organization’s staff and Board members with ongoing opportunities for professional development and networking.
Regularly Scheduled Programs
- Regional luncheon meetings centered on topics of interest
- Annual conference for all West Virginia giving programs and foundations. The conference seeks to educate and update local grant-makers’ understanding of the current national and state philanthropic environment
- State and national webinars and teleconferences on select topics (ex. filing the 990PF, funders in health, policy/legal changes, etc.)
- Education Funders Affinity Group (EAG) meets quarterly to discuss the status of education, where it is trending in West Virginia, and what members can do to support education in our state
- Foundations on the Hill in which members are invited to sit down with federal representatives in Washington, D.C. to discuss and advocate for issues that are important to our foundations, corporate giving programs, and individual philanthropists
- Special Policy Discussions with state policymakers and elected officials that help inform and educate our representatives about philanthropy and encourage representatives to seek out grant-makers as resources on key public policy issues
- Bi-monthly e-newsletter with timely information on upcoming programs, exciting member activities, helpful content, and news about Philanthropy WV
- Website with links to relevant resources, previously recorded webinars, program updates, and policy updates
- Member updates on critical issues (ex. Congressional Actions, WV Legislation, Funding Collaboratives, etc.)
- Research on West Virginia and National grant-making
- Staff available to answer questions/research questions
- Access to national and statewide resource experts
- Listserv – Special LISTSERV set up for Philanthropy WV corporate giving, family, private, and community foundations, and interest group to make communicating with your peers simple. Ask questions, request advice, provide or solicit resources, and network all in one solicitation-free zone.
- Job Postings: Philanthropy WV Members: can have a job posting for four weeks on our website for free, but for non-members it is $50.00/bi-weekly.
- Vendor Discounts: Philanthropy WV offers a variety of services and resources to our members at a reduced/special rate. These are provided through our office and national association, United Philanthropy Forum.
- Philanthropy WV Resource Library of sample documents, publications, and handbooks covers a broad range of issues, from job descriptions to board policies to financial statements to granting strategies.