Philanthropy WV is your communication network connecting you with your peer philanthropy leaders. With 80 members including private, family, corporate, community and public grant-making foundations, giving programs, and individual philanthropists, we provide you with online resource and tools to learn, partner, and have a great impact on
the statewide, regional, and local levels. We have created tools and resources for YOUR use. The following summarizes each tool and shows you how to use them for maximum benefit.
Communication LISTSERV for Members: Whether you have a resource to share or a question to pose, you may do so through Philanthropy WV’s LISTSERV. The LISTSERV is setup for all members by their type: private/family, corporate, community, and/or public/government grant-makers. We ask that the LISTSERV be used for professional, respectful, and grant-maker related matters. Our non-solicitation policy applies with these resources. The following includes an overview of each of the LISTSERV’s, arranged by how you can use them to send a message.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get signed up for any of the following listservs:
- All Philanthropy WV Members, you may contact all of your foundation and corporate giving peers across the state by emailing: Members@PhilanthropyWV.org Please note your message goes out to the entire network.
- Corporate Giving, Marketing & Foundation leaders, you have an efficient and useful platform to consult with your corporate peers across the state. With your hectic schedules with your company and/or corporate foundation, you only have so much time to get the information/support that you need, so email: email@example.com
- Private & Family Foundation Members, as staff, board members, and/or trustees, connecting with other private and family foundation leaders is extremely helpful. Whether it is: dealing with grantees, determining best policies and practices, refining strategies, and/or trying new grant-making approaches, Philanthropy WV connects you with your peers. You can contact them by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Foundation Members, your foundation, staff, and board can inquire and share resources with your peer community foundations by emailing email@example.com . This is for all community foundation members to foster learning, improve your practice, share resources, and/or share how to handle challenging issues.
- Government & Public Grant-makers, as a public/government grant-maker your focus can be quite unique navigate different sectors. Connecting with peers doing similar work can be a huge help in identifying best practices; connecting/learning about issues in your community, region or state; and/or sharing or obtaining great ideas to use with your division of government or your board. You can reach your peers by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Funders, our Education Affinity Group, which includes quarterly meetings and now a LISTSERV, connects you with others who are in the midst of education issues with grant-making, scholarships, school volunteer/partnerships, and other matters. You can reach out to your peers by emailing: email@example.com
Quarterly E-Newsletters, Web-Blasts, & Social Media: Philanthropy WV has an every other month e-newsletter series, program updates, news alerts, calls to action, and specialty news for each sector of our membership. We use Mailchimp to distribute this information to you and your foundation via e-mail. If you have a story to share, a major announcement, showcasing partnership, an Op-Ed, or other news you would like to distribute, please send it to us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will include it in a future edition. If you have items you would like or need to include, please email your suggestions. Philanthropy WV is happy to promote our member events, so please send that along so we can share via our e-news or social media platform (Facebook and Twitter). Follow us at: @PhilanthropyWV on Twitter or on Facebook @PhilanthropyWV.
Philanthropy WV Members Portal: Providing you with online resources (sample documents, policies, past seminars/webinars, etc.) is service of Philanthropy WV. Our new members’ portal gives you/your organization access to resources for your foundation, corporation, or giving program by visiting: philanthropywv.org . If you need assistance, please contact our Program & Engagement Manager, Abigail Miller at: email@example.com
Webinars & Conference Calls: If your corporation, foundation or giving program wants to host a webinar or conference call, please let us know as we have the platform available to share with our members. Please contact our Director of Operations & Revenue, Chad Matlick at: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options and assist you with your needs.
If you have other communication, online, or technology needs, please call 304.517.1450